Saturday, March 28, 2009

Our first shower of love!

So today, thanks to the hard work of Kathy, Cindy, Jennifer, and Allison, Trevor and I had our first official wedding shower. It was wonderful. I went and was surrounded by so much love and wisdom. Instead of the typical shower games the women gave me advice and it was really special. We also got spoiled rotten. People say we should enjoy it and we are. How could we not feel absolutely happy when people love us so much.

After the shower me and three of the bridesmaids spent all afternoon (not an exaggeration) plugging away at getting the invites done and we finally succeeded at like eight in the evening. Katie and Michelle are the queen bird gluers and Jo was an awesome ribbon tyer. It is hard for me, but I am finally asking for help with getting this wedding ready (being how it is two months away). The girls helped me so much and it made it so much more fun than just being by myself. My mom and Trev's mom have also been so awesome about keeping me in line and focused. I need them.

Thanks again to all you women (and Jamal) who came. I couldn't have asked for a better time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Trev n Elly, I just noticed Ur blogsite on Ur "save the date" card as I was replacing it with the beautiful invitation we received yesterday.

I forwarded to Trev's aunt Kathy. We've been busy moving Amanda into our lower level apartment and clearing out the house they had rented. _steve, Kathy's otherhalf