Saturday, December 27, 2008

Space Bible With Volume Lumps

Merry Christmas to those both on and off of our celestial space! Elly and I could not have imagined a more merry celebration than the one we enjoyed this year with our families and friends.

Your loyally engaged couple exchanged gifts on the eve of Christmas Eve. Elly gave me a great light jacket, a hand-knit scarf and warm hat, and a slide guitar that has consumed most of my time as of late. I gave Elly the first and second season of Art 21, which documents the work of contemporary artists, a 1973 printing of the Narnia series, and a tiered basket for our future home.

Christmas Eve, the Bates and Denny clans converged on J.D. China for a feast worthy of a mighty, "Wassail!". We took a stroll around the square and then back to the Denny home for carols and Elf.

The Burdens came to my parents home for Christmas. I was at the house early Christmas 'morn, then, after the economy-stimulating exchange of gifts, I went and swooped up Elly and brought her to the Bates' Christmas Dinner. We wassailed far into the night.

December 25th: BOXING DAY!!! The Denny's come to the Bates for a small continental breakfast when, SURPRISE, a family shower is thrown! Elly and I were so surprised and felt very blessed to be loved so much. There are a few less things to get on our registry now, so ATTN. ALL SHOPPERS: Save on Trevor and Elly's wedding gift by visiting any one of our registry sponsors and remember, our economy is in the can.

1 comment:

Candice Houston said...

Happy Christmas, space pioneers!